Forty-Three Women, Girls Nominated for 2022 YWCA Tribute
POTTSTOWN PA – Community members have nominated 27 women and 16 girls to receive awards during the 26th annual Tribute to Exceptional Women and Girls, sponsored by the Pottstown-based YWCA Tri-County Area, it announced Tuesday (May 24, 2022)
The tribute recognizes women and girls for their ability to lead by example, embrace community responsibility, and demonstrate exceptional leadership in their careers and beyond, the agency said. The event is scheduled for June 16 (2022; Thursday) from 5-8 p.m. at Meredith Manor, 2270 Pottstown Pike, Pottstown.
This year the YWCA is combining what once were two separate events, allowing it to “bring together generations of women to inspire one another through their achievements, commitments, and passions.”
The listed nominees
The 2022 Exceptional Women tribute nominees, listed alphabetically by last name, and their affiliations are:
- Barbara Auris, Montgomery County Community College,
- Amy Auwaerter, Montgomery County Community College,
- Erin Brown, Philadelphia Urban Riding Academy,
- Kelly Buss, Family Matters Home Care,
- Diane Cornman-Levy, Women’s Way,
- Dr. Monica D’Antonio, Norristown Area School District,
- Janine Darby, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force board member,
- Margarita Davis-Boyer, Belmont Charter Network,
- Camille Dean, Owen J. Roberts Middle School,
- Casey Fenoglio, Pottstown Hospital-Tower Health,
- Vicki Haller Graff, Reading Theater Project,
- Marie Haigh, Mosaic Community Land Trust,
- Meredith Jacks, Styer Real Estate,
- Laura Johnston, Pottstown School District,
- Brenda Lewis, community volunteer,
- Fazia Khan, Rayan’s Crayons,
- Kayla Massi, Lafayette College,
- Nicole Keels McGruder, Community Hero Action Group,
- Cherelle Parker, Philadelphia City Council,
- The Rev. Karen Pidcock-Lester, First Presbyterian Church of Pottstown,
- Gladys Rodriguez, Community Health and Dental Care,
- Rachel Rogers, marriage and family therapist,
- Danielle Small, Pottsgrove School District librarian,
- Ala Stanford, physician,
- Karen Thompson, Merck Pharmaceuticals,
- Celeste Trusty, Pa. Department of Pardons, and
- Gail Wellington, community volunteer.
The 2022 Exceptional Girls’ tribute nominees, also listed alphabetically, and the schools they attend are:
- Dasani Armstrong, Reading High School,
- Yisette Colon, Norristown High School,
- Celeste Dudek, North Penn School District,
- Lily Guerrette, Pottsgrove High School,
- Leyna Johnson, Pottstown Middle School,
- Qahira Jones, Pottstown Middle School,
- Anna Lignelli, The Hill School,
- Island Sage Lewis, The Sandford School,
- Nicole Lockey, Pottsgrove High School,
- Tyonna Murray, Commonwealth Charter Academy,
- Gianna Padilla, First Philadelphia Preparatory Charter School,
- Josephine Podziomek, Owen J. Roberts Middle School,
- Jayonna Richardson, Owen J. Roberts Middle School,
- Sydney Smith, Owen J. Roberts High School,
- Juliet Solensky, Muhlenberg School District, and
- Madison Walker, Pottsgrove High School.
Tickets available now
The evening will include keynote speakers, awards, music, testimonials, and other activities. Tickets are available for sale online here through June 6 (Monday).
Keynote speakers include Keisha Hudson, chief defender of the Defender Association of Philadelphia and former chief defender at the Montgomery County Public Defender’s Office; Arlene Cadogan, a Methacton High School freshman and entrepreneur who founded Melanin Is Beauty LLC; and Jenna Armato, a certified coach and trainer who works with individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations.
The emcee is Andrea Lawful-Sanders of WURD Radio.
Since the inaugural Tribute to Exceptional Women in 1995 and Tribute to Exceptional Girls in 2016, YWCA Tri-County Area has honored more than 200 women and 50 girls for their achievements in their careers or for their service to their schools or communities. Community members are invited each year to nominate women and girls in several categories, including arts and culture, education, sports, and lifetime achievement.
The Tribute to Exceptional Women and Girls is sponsored by the Gulati Family Foundation, Wacoal, Dewells Ministries, Tompkins VIST, Limerick Generating Station, Comcast, Herbein + Company, Hobart’s Run, and An Orphan Smiles.
Graphic provided by the YWCA Tri-County Area