Carillon Concert Series Returns July 6 to Valley Forge
The interior of Washington Memorial Chapel (at top) in Valley Forge
VALLEY FORGE PA – The 2022 edition of the Frank P. Law Summer Carillon Concert Series at the Washington Memorial Chapel, on Route 23 in Valley Forge National Historical Park, is scheduled for every Wednesday during July and August, beginning July 6 for each performance. The events are free to attend and open to the public.
The series this year welcomes three performers new to Valley Forge. It features performers from America, including one of the world’s leading carillonneurs – Belgian-born Geert D’hollander – as well as a carillonneur from Poland. The popular Irish Thunder Pipes & Drums concert is set for Aug. 17, and the series ends Aug. 31.
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m., rain or shine. Each is outdoors and about an hour long, so guests are suggested to bring a blanket, lawn chair, snacks, or dinner. The Chapel Cabin Shop will be open before the concerts for refreshments and souvenirs.
The concert dates and list of performers includes:
- July 6, Wade FitzGerald of Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church, Bryn Mawr PA;
- July 13, Geert D’hollander of Bok Tower Gardens, Lake Wales FL;
- July 20, Lisa J. Lonie of Princeton University; St. Thomas’ Church, Fort Washington PA; and Holy Trinity Church, Philadelphia;
- July 27, Anna Kasprzycka of Gdansk, Poland;
- Aug. 3, Claire Janezic of the University of Rochester, Rochester NY;
- Aug. 10, Hunter Chase of Washington DC;
- Aug. 17, Music Of The British Isles featuring Doug Gefvert, carillonneur of Washington Memorial Chapel, and the Irish Thunder Pipes & Drums of Swedesburg PA;
- Aug. 24, John A. Widmann of the City of Frederick MD; and
- Aug. 31, Doug Gefvert, Carillonneur, Washington Memorial Chapel.
Photo provided by Washington Memorial Chapel