Carillon Concerts Continue to Aug. 31 in Valley Forge
The interior of Washington Memorial Chapel (at top) in Valley Forge
VALLEY FORGE PA – The 2022 edition of the Frank P. Law Summer Carillon Concert Series at the Washington Memorial Chapel, on Route 23 in Valley Forge National Historical Park, continues every Wednesday through Aug. 31 with all events free to attend and open to the public.
The series this year is welcoming three performers new to Valley Forge. It features several performers from America, including one of the world’s leading carillonneurs – Belgian-born Geert D’hollander – and also a carillonneur from Poland. The popular Irish Thunder Pipes & Drums concert is set for Aug. 17. The series ends Aug. 31.
All concerts start at 7:30 p.m., rain or shine. Each is outdoors and about an hour long, so guests are suggested to bring a blanket, lawn chair, snacks, or dinner. The Chapel Cabin Shop will be open before the concerts for refreshments and souvenirs.
The concert dates and list of remaining performers includes:
- Aug. 3, Claire Janezic of the University of Rochester, Rochester NY;
- Aug. 10, Hunter Chase of Washington DC;
- Aug. 17, Music Of The British Isles featuring Doug Gefvert, carillonneur of Washington Memorial Chapel, and the Irish Thunder Pipes & Drums of Swedesburg PA;
- Aug. 24, John A. Widmann of the City of Frederick MD; and
- Aug. 31, Doug Gefvert, Carillonneur, Washington Memorial Chapel.
Photo provided by Washington Memorial Chapel