Grandview Makes it Official: Season Opens April 1
BECHTELSVILLE PA – The 61st season of professional stock car racing at Grandview Speedway begins April 1 (2023; Saturday) on its third-of-a-mile high-banked clay oval at 43 Passmore Rd., track owner Tina Rogers and her family announced, following a decision to pursue a racing schedule for the year. Earlier announced plans for a sale of the property have been put on hold.
It’s no April Fool’s joke, management promised. The season officially opens with the 6th annual Bruce Rogers Memorial Money Maker for Big Block/Small Block Modifieds. The event honors the late track owner and promoter, who died in 2017. Race schedules for Saturday nights will look similar to past seasons. Two division Modified and Sportsman shows are planned, with an occasionally added third division.
Track management will expect to meet with track officials to discuss the upcoming season, including rules. No major changes are expected, Grandview said.
Season passes available
Speedway management will again offer season passes that cover all Saturday night events, from the Memorial Money Maker to the Freedom 38 Sportsman and Freedom 76 Modified championship races in September. The pass does not include the Rogers Family and Bob Miller promoted “Thunder on the Hill” special events.
Season passes cost $400 each and can be ordered by sending a check or money order to Grandview Speedway, 87 Wilt Rd., Bechtelsville PA 19505. Include a self-addressed and stamped envelope with payments to speed the delivery process.
Free-to-the-public open practice sessions will kick off March 25 (Saturday) starting at noon. They allow racers an opportunity to test their cars before the new season starts. Fans will also be able to see the new race equipment for season with free grandstand admission.
Racing special events
- Bob Miller, co-promoter of the “Thunder on the Hill” racing series, has confirmed its annual Eastern Storm date of June 13 (Tuesday), for its Jesse Hockett Classic, with the United States Auto Club.
- Miller has also confirmed, with Alan Kreitzer, June 27 (Tuesday) for the Greg Hodnett Cup, a Pennsylvania 410 Sprint Car Speedweek Series.
- Other “Thunder on the Hill” dates are still being planned, its website announced Nov. 6.
- On July 1 (Saturday) the Sportsman will compete in their mid-summer championship, the 53rd running of the Firecracker 40.
- The late summer 53rd annual Forrest Rogers Memorial 50-lap modified championship, which honors the track’s founder, will be held Aug. 12 (Saturday), with an if-needed rain date of Aug. 19.
- The schedule will wrap-up with the Freedom weekend of racing in September. The 10th annual Freedom 38 Sportsman race will be staged Sept. 15 (Friday), followed by the 53rd annual Freedom 76 Modified Championship on Sept. 16 (Saturday). The Freedom 76 is accompanied by a Sept. 23 rain date.
Photo provided by Grandview Speedway