Five Boyertown Non-Profit Groups Win Local Grants
READING PA – Five Boyertown area non-profit organizations, collectively involved in promoting local history, the arts, and sports, were named during December (2022) as recipients of more than $41,000 distributed from the Boyertown Area Charitable Program.
Named as grant winners were the Boyertown Area Historical Society, Boyertown Midget Baseball League, Gen. Carl Spaatz Regional Army Air Corps Museum, Pottstown Cluster of Religious Communities, and Studio B Art Gallery.
The fund is overseen by the Berks County Community Foundation, which manages the Boyertown Area Community Fund, for charitable causes within the Boyertown Area School District; and the Boyer Foundation Fund, which supports local health, social, recreational, and safety organizations. The program has benefited more than 60 organizations with more than $1 million since 1997.
The grants awarded included:
- $3,910 to the historical society, to catalog and digitize about 10,000 three-dimensional and archival items and make them more publicly accessible. It also will prepare exhibits on racial justice, indigenous populations, and for Pennsylvania’s tribute to the nation’s 250th anniversary during 2026;
- $15,000 to the baseball league, for construction to update its Mackey Field facility at Boyertown Community Park. The project will include ADA-compliant restrooms and safe spectator seating;
- $10,000 to the museum, to upgrade air-handling and exhibit climate control systems for its facility at 10 General Spaatz Ave.;
- $6,000 to the cluster, to buy personal care and cleaning products through its food pantry and housing programs for distribution to low-income households needing assistance; and
- $6,690 to the gallery, for projects that include a fine art exhibit with a virtual tour, publication of its 10th book of poetry, prose, and art, and podcasts with Boyertown community members.
For more information about the foundation and the Boyertown charitable program, call 610-685-2223.
2022 satellite view of Boyertown from Google Maps