The Posts were founded in 2008
The Posts comprise a network of free-to-the-public online news services founded on Aug. 25, 2008. The network serves residents of municipalities and school districts primarily in western Montgomery County PA. It includes:
- The Post – Sanatoga Edition (our flagship), here;
- The Post – Limerick Edition, here;
- The Post – Pottstown Edition, here;
- The Post – Schwenksville Edition, here;
- The Post – Gilbertsville Edition, here;
- The Post – Mont Clare Edition, here; and
- The Post – Upper Perkiomen Edition, here.
- Travels With The Post, an edition launched in January 2021 but still in development, is found here.
The mission of The Posts, as they are known collectively, is to specialize in intensely local (also known as “hyper-local” or “micro-local”) news coverage similar to that of weekly newspapers, but presented on a daily basis. Through Dec. 31, 2022, The Posts’ network served a Google Analytics-verified monthly average audience of 59,916 unique active readers.
What we’ve done so far
Columbia Journalism Review, the nation’s oldest media monitoring publication, selected The Sanatoga Post as a feature subject in March 2012 as part of its “Guide To Online News Start-Ups” series. The Sanatoga edition’s daily headline feed, e-mailed to readers, won “All-Star Awards” in 2012, 2011 and 2010, from national e-mail vendor Constant Contact. The Sanatoga, Limerick, and Pottstown editions were chosen in 2010 by Reynolds Journalism Institute Fellow Michele McLellan as among the 14 best mini-sites in the U.S. for community news.
The Posts are registered with PR Newswire, Newswise, BusinessWire, eNewsChannels, Ag Clips, Globe NewsWire, and The NewsMarket international distribution systems.
The content of the Sanatoga edition is syndicated for national distribution by Google News and NewsBank Inc.
The Posts sell and publish local advertising, and also publish regional and national advertising syndicated through Google Adsense and other networks. Their reach and page view statistics are accredited by the Media Rating Council. Their demographic appeal and readers’ interests are reported by Quantcast. They conform with Interactive Advertising Bureau standards.
About Joe Zlomek
Joe Zlomek is the owner, publisher, and managing editor of The Posts of Sanatoga, a group of eight online-only hyperlocal news services that cater to a population of about 70,000 people across western Montgomery, eastern Berks, and northern Chester counties in Pennsylvania. He has worked as an editor, reporter, photographer, and videographer for daily and weekly newspapers, and a freelance writer and photographer for trade and general circulation magazine publishers, since age 16 (1971). Find Zlomek’s Linked-In profile here.
The Posts‘ content emulates that of weekly newspapers, but is published daily.
Zlomek is the former publisher and chief operating officer of daily newspapers in New York, Massachusetts, Indiana, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The Pottstown (PA) Mercury newspaper in 1990 won its second Pulitzer Prize, for editorial writing, during Zlomek’s tenure as publisher. He was one of 10 winners of the International Association of Firefighters’ photo award in 1981.
Zlomek also is:
- A member of the National Press Photographers Association, the Center for Health Journalism at the University of Southern California (Annenberg), and the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau;
- A participant in the Local Journalists’ Initiative of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York; and
- A former quarter-century member of the Society of Professional Journalists.
- As a photographer, he contributes images to Unsplash and MorgueFile.
To contact Zlomek or The Posts, send an e-mail to email@example.com, or call 484-243-0984.
Map from Google Maps
This page was last updated 20230202